Friday, January 16, 2009

Court Day is Coming Soon!

Next Wednesday, the 21st, a judge will hear our case and decide whether or not Kevin and I can can be R. Scout's mom and dad. Since Ethiopia is 8 hours ahead of us, this could all be occurring in the wee hours of the morning. I am getting very anxious and feeling the need to be diligent in calling out to God to help us in this situation. Families who have recently have had court appointments last week have not passed. This is very sad. My heart hurts for these families who have waited so long to be with their children.

Please also pray for the Semlows and the Kulps as they have court dates on the 20th. They have been told that they specifically, due to the orphanage their children are from, will need a miracle to pass court this Tuesday. I am praying, praying, praying that these families will receive their mircacle and can be united with their children soon.

All in all, I am feeling great and excited to see how our story will unfold. I am so grateful for all the support that Kevin and I have been getting from friends and family. I appreciate your kind words and prayers. They are definately helping us. I can't wait to show you our little girl. Jamie Jo and I worked on her introduction video/slide show last night and it is so cute!!!

5 comments:

kim said...

Kelly,
We are and will be praying for your court date. I am sooo excited for you all and can't wait to see R. Scout at home in your arms!

Blessings,
Kim

Danielle said...

Thinking of and praying for you tonight. I can't wait to see in all the many faces of sweet R. Scout! Her name makes me smile, btw, esp. after just starting to reread "To Kill a Mockingbird" the other day. So appropriate, it seems :)
Love,
Danielle

jamullins said...

Kelly,
I am praying for peace while you wait and I am praying you pass court!!

Julie Mullins
www.jamullins.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

I have goosebumps and am so teary! Rae is beautiful. Congratulations, Blackwells. God is good.

beBOLDjen said...

We are so happy you passed. I have to tell you Dustin and I fell in LOVE with Rahel in Addis. She reminds us so much of our friend's daughter. The similarities were amazing.

Your daughter is such a dainty little one. So PRECIOUS. She wanted to be held and did NOT like it when someone put her down. Consequently my hubby held her a LOT because he couldn't bear to see her tear up. She's SO SO SO precious. Congrats guys!! We are so happy for you!