Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankfulitus!!!

I've got it bad my friends!! I have so much to be thankful for... a great husband, THREE wonderful children, and FANTASTIC FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!

We have been struggling with a name for our 16 month old. She has a beautiful name that was given to her by her bio family. As of right now, we are going to keep that as her first name and use Scout as her middle name. We cannot share her name (or photo) on this blog until she is legally adopted in Ethiopia. Speaking of this, we have not heard any info from our agency. Hopefully we'll hear something next week letting us know when our tentative travel date is scheduled. We are praying and hoping that our court process in Ethiopia will be expedited and only have to go to court ONCE (some families have gone over 6 times)!!!!

This wait for me is definitely harder than waiting for the referral. I stare at R. Scout's picture at least a dozen times a day. I just want to hop onto a plane and go get our girl!!! I have a lot of respect for the families who received their referrals in the summer and had to wait until October or November (some are still waiting) to pick up their kids... that is painful to think about!!!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Kelly, the wait is sooo difficult before travel...but lets help the time fly. We are SO giving you a shower soon!! We love your family & ecstatic about R. Scout being a part of your life!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Kari:)

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Scout is a gorgeous girl and I know the wait is hard...but before you know it you will be ready to go! We are so happy for your family.

small world said...

So happy that you got your referral. If you have not received our latest piccasa album, you can email me at vanwettenfamily@yahoo.com. Maybe I sent it to you today, but I sent out about twenty invites so I'm not sure. I will pray that you make it through court the 1st time. Not like us...10 times! We kept both our girls ET names and we love them. Etsegenet means "from heaven" and Meseret means "foundation"! Theresa